Rochester, NY will host the region’s second WordCamp on Saturday, November 1 at SUNY Brockport. Tickets are limited to 175 people, so getting tickets early is advised.
The Rochester Meetup group is working together to organize the second WordCamp in the area and help the local WordPress community flourish by learning not only from each other, but from a great lineup of speakers who want to share their knowledge.
Rochester’s WordCamp will divide its workshops over three tracks, from basic to professional.
- The Beginner/Blogger Track is for people new to website design, blogging, or WordPress. The sessions are designed for novices who want to blog or be on the web for other personal projects. Likewise, operators of small businesses or non-profit organizations will learn how to promote their enterprises using their own websites with no coding or other technical knowledge.
- The Intermediate/Flex Track is one step up and intended for site owners, established bloggers, and entrepreneurs to learn how to communicate with a designer, how to blog effectively, and how to tell whether projects are going well. The overall focus is on website content. Attendees in this track need familiarity with HTML, the basic coding language of the Internet.
- The Designer/Developer Track will find interest among professionals and DIY WordPress builders. The sessions here will focus on the graphical end of design and customizing website themes. Skill with HTML and CSS is recommended.
Speakers are encouraged to apply through September 15 and are welcome to submit more than one proposal.
Sponsorships are also encouraged!
- Attended Added to the List! Click here to go to the Attended List. Close Note
- CommunityNEW Added to the List! Click here to go to the Community List. Close Note
- Organized Added to the List! Click here to go to the Organized List. Close Note
- Spoke Added to the List! Click here to go to the Spoke List. Close Note
- Sponsored Added to the List! Click here to go to the Sponsored List. Close Note
- Volunteered Added to the List! Click here to go to the Volunteered List. Close Note
Have anything to add to the page? Send us all your photos, video, content, etc.
Click here to submit what you have and we will add them to the site.